Singer-songwriter John Legend has really made a name for himself in the entertainment business. He won his first Grammy Award with 2004’s Get Lifted, which went platinum and he has being growing strong ever since.
Here are some other amazing facts about talented singer-songwriter John Legend:
1. Born “John Roger Stephens” on December 28, 1978, in Springfield, Ohio.
2. A child prodigy, Legend’s grandmother taught him how to play the piano.
3. Grew up singing in the church choir.
4. Attended the University of Pennsylvania, where he directed a coed cappella group.
5. After college, he worked for Boston Consulting Group but continued to perform in nightclubs in New York City.
6. Musical talent has made him a mainstream star.
7. Performed at Super Bowl XL in Detroit, the NBA All-Star Game, and the Major League Baseball All-Star Game in Pittsburgh.
8. Had a supporting role in the 2008 comedy Soul Men, starring Bernie Mac and Samuel L. Jackson.
9. Released Wake Up!, which he recorded with the Roots. The album received rave reviews from music critics in 2010.
10. Along with rapper Common, Legend won a Golden Globe for Best Original Song—”Glory”—from the film Selma.
11. Supporter of the Harlem Village Academies, a New York City organization that runs several charter schools. Serves as a vice chairman on the HVA board.
12. Supports education initiatives with a special focus on science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). Legend launched his own education-based organization, the Show Me Campaign.
13. Married to Chrissy Teigen, on April 14, 2016, the pair welcomed their first child, a daughter named Luna Simone.