Yvette Freeman is an American actress, singer and director. She is best known for her role as Haleh Adams in the NBC medical drama series, ER.
Here are a few other amazing facts you might be dying to know about actress, singer & director Yvette Freeman:
1. Yvette Freeman was born on October 1, 1957 in Wilmington, Delaware.
2. She graduated from University of Delaware with a major in Art and Theater and later moved to New York City to pursue a career in graphic design, where she turned to acting on stage productions, before appearing of The Wiz and Ain’t Misbehavin’.
3. During the 1990s, she appeared on television in shows including L.A. Law, Knots Landing, and Tales from the Crypt.
4. Freeman is best known for her role as Haleh Adams, a registered nurse, on the NBC medical drama series, ER. She played the role from 1994 to series finale in 2009, appearing on the recurring basis in 184 episodes total.
5. She lost 110 pounds and now speaks as a positive advocate for weight loss.
6. Released her debut album, A Tribute to Dinah Washington, after performing in the Off-Broadway production of Dinah Was in 1999.
7. Freeman played Ma Rainey, the Mother of the Blues in the Huntington Theatre Company production of August Wilson’s Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom in 2012.
8. She had recurring roles on the daytime soap operas Days of Our Lives and The Bold and the Beautiful, and guest starred on Judging Amy, Boston Public, and CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
9. Freeman was cast as Irma, one of “The Golden Girls,” in the Netflix comedy-drama series, Orange Is the New Black
10. Won the Obie Award for Distinguished Performance by an Actress in 1998.
11. Married to Lanny Hartley since January 27, 1996.