Stunning actress Paula Maxine Patton is best known for numerous film roles. Patton made her film debut in the 2005 comedy film Hitch and starred in the epic fantasy film Warcraft.
Read on to find out more about Patton:
1. Born in Los Angeles, California, to Joyce Vanraden, a school teacher, and Charles Patton, a lawyer.
2. Her mother is white and her father is African-American.
3. Graduated from Hamilton High School, and then started college at University of California, Berkeley, transferring to University of Southern California’s Film School after her first year.
4. Shortly after completing her studies, she won a three-month assignment making documentaries for PBS.
5. Big break came in 2006 when she landed the pivotal female lead role of Claire Kuchever in the science fiction thriller Déjà Vu opposite Denzel Washington.
6. In 2008, Patton played television reporter Kate Madison in the comedy-drama Swing Vote with Kevin Costner and Amy Carson, the wife of Ben (Kiefer Sutherland) in the supernatural horror film Mirrors.
7. In Lee Daniels’ critically acclaimed drama film Precious, Patton played Ms. Blu Rain, a teacher at the alternative high school in Harlem, New York, who teaches and mentors disadvantaged students, including the titular character, Claireece Precious Jones (Gabourey Sidibe).
8. Co-starred as Queen Latifah’s character’s godsister in the romantic comedy Just Wright (2010).
9. In 2013, Patton co-starred with Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg in the action comedy film 2 Guns, and starred in the leading role in the romantic comedy film Baggage Claim.
10. Provided additional vocals for Usher on his 2004 album Confessions. She provided the female vocal counterpart on the song “Can U Handle It?” which was co-written by Robin Thicke, whom she would later marry.
11. Married Robin Thicke in 2005, they have one son. The couple’s divorce was finalized in 2015 and they share joint custody.