If you grew up during the 1980s and 90s, you definitely recognize the name and face of Lisa Bonet. Here are some great facts that you may or may not know about one of America’s favorite teenage girls of the 1980s and 90s.
1. Bonet was born in San Francisco, California, to Arlene Joyce (Litman), a teacher, and Allen Bonet, an opera singer. She has lived most of her life in New York and Los Angeles.
2. Her parents divorced when she was young, and she began acting in commercials at the age of 11. At age 16, she landed the role of Denise Huxtable on the hit comedy series, “The Cosby Show.”
3. Bonet landed another spot on comedy series, A Different World (1987), in which she starred as a student at a historically black university. Due to personal issues, showing up late, and sometimes not all for filming, she was fired from the series.
4. In the mid-80s, she met Lenny Kravitz at a New Edition concert in Los Angeles. At the time, Kravitz was a struggling, unknown musician who went by the name Romeo Blue.
5. In 1987, Bonet and Kravitz eloped in Las Vegas. By 1989, Kravitz had landed a record deal and recorded his first album.
6. After her divorce from Kravitz, Bonet faded from high-profile stardom as his career became more successful.
7. Changed her name to Lilakoi Moon in 1995, although she still uses the name Lisa Bonet for her entertainment career.
8. Appeared back in the spotlight in 1998 when she co-starred with Will Smith in the hit movie, “Enemy of the State.”
9. Bonet has one daughter with Kravitz, Zoe Kravitz, who is the splitting image of her mom.
10. Started dating actor Jason Momoa in 2005. The couple married in 2007.
11. On July 23, 2007, Bonet gave birth to her second child, Lola Iolani Momoa. On December 15, 2008, the couple had a son named Nakoa-Wolf Manakauapo Namakaeha Momoa.