Some of the most beautiful black women went against the stereotype, became a Playboy Playmate and took over the mag’s centerfolds.
- Leola Bell, February 2012
Before being a Playboy Playmate, Leola had several minor stints with the mag.
- Kylie Johnson, February 2011
Kylie is one of the very few Playboy Playmates who has an eye-catching tattoo.
- Ida Ljungqvist, March 2008
Ida is of Swedish and Tanzanian origin. She was the second black Playmate of the Year (2009)
- Patrice Hollis, September 2007
Patrice is a poet, a sports fan and an actress.
- Kia Drayton, December 2006
Kylie is now a mom. She studied Sports Law at UCLA.
- Qiana Chase, July 2005
Before having her own centerfold ,Qiana was part of the 50th anniversary Playmate search.
- Serria Tawan, November 2002
Serria authored the book: “The Bunny Book: How to Walk, Talk, Tease and Please Like a Playboy Bunny” together with two other Playboy Playmates.
- Nicole Narain,January 2002
Nicole will always be remembered for her sex tape with Colin Farrell.
- Neferteri Shepherd, July 2000
There is no reference on her website to her being a Playboy Playmate.
- Holly Joan Hart, April 1998
Rebellion was what pushed her to be a Playboy Playmate.
- Daphnee Lynn Duplaix, July 1997
Daphnee is one of the most successful actress in soap operas of the Playboy Playmates.
- Karin Taylor, June 1996
Aside from being a Playboy Playmate, Karin was the last “Snap-on Girl (Snap-on Tools calendar).”
- Elan Carter Issue, June 1994
Elan is the daughter of the only surviving Temptations founder member, Otis Williams.
- Stephanie Adams, November 1992
Playboy Playmates live colorful lives but Stephanie has lived a far more colorful life.
- Lorraine Olivia, November 1990
Lorraine was a flight attendant and she did pose as one in her Playboy stint.
- Renee Tenison, November 1989
Renee was the first Playboy of the Year that was black.
- Venice Kong , September 1985
Venice was the last Playboy Playmate to be featured in Playboy’s stapled-style mag.
- Anne-Marie Fox, February 1982
Anna-Marie is a professional photographer.
- Ola Ray, June 1980
Ola was also the female lead in Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” music video.
- Rosanne Katon, September 1978
Rosanne had a relatively good acting career before and after she became a Playboy Playmate.
- Azizi Johari, June 1975
Azizi was then the most exotic girl to be Playboy Playmate.
- Ester Cordet, October 1974
Her centerfold was one of the greatest shots of Playboy in the 70s.
- Julie Woodson, April 1973
Julie was one of only two Playboy Playmates to be Cosmopolitan’s cover girls.
- Jean Bell, October 1969
Jean was the second Playboy Playmate and its first cover girl who was black.
- Jennifer Jackson, March 1965
11 years after Playboy’s first issue, Jennifer broke color barriers to be the first black Playboy Playmate.