If you think gospel music is dominated by traditional gospel artists, think again. Here are some of the newest faces you should look out for.
- Alexis Spight – This funky gospel artist started out as a runner-up in BET’s singing competition Sunday Best. Her style of music reflects more of an urban and contemporary gospel music.
Her single, Imagine Me, made its way to the Hot Gospel Songs chart while her first album, L.O.L. or Living Out Loud shot to the Billboard 200, Independent Albums, and Gospel Album charts.
Her style offers a fresh take on gospel music. With her signature red hair, you won’t easily forget this lady. Did we mention she is also a preacher’s daughter?
- Bri Babineaux – This cute and charming YouTube sensation is quickly making waves in the gospel scene. Her music delivers passion in every word she sings. Her songs of praise are easy to the ears which makes it a suitable song choice for many ministries.
She made Billboard history as the first singer to debut at number one on Billboard’s Digital Gospel Chart without any TV or radio promotion. This only shows how powerful online social media such as YouTube can be. She is definitely America’s newest gospel sweetheart.
- Trinity Dawson – With a simple twist of fate, Dawson shifted from playing sports to music due to a sports injury. He is one of the most talked about new gospel artists. Dawson’s messages in his songs clearly reflect the experience of overcoming adversities.
His debut album, With All I am, landed at the number four spot of Billboard’s Top Gospel Albums. This Oaklahoma singer is definitely someone you should listen to.
- Geoffrey Golden – This gospel artist from Cleveland is the winner of season seven of Sunday Best. Golden is known as a big man with a big voice and is also a son of a preacher.
His album, Kingdom…LIVE!, was released in 2015 and was recorded live in Irving, Texas. Gospel artist, Kirk Franklin, hosted the live show.
It became Golden’s ticket to the Billboard Charts and placed number four on the Top Gospel Albums chart. His single, All of My Help, became number 18 on the Gospel Digital Songs chart.
- Livre – This group from Brooklyn is known for their contemporary style. They reached the number one spot in the Billboard Gospel Album with their debut, Jericho: Tribe of Joshua. In their album, the group collaborated with various artists and became a huge success in radio.
The members, Ajanee, Ariel, Kenneth, Malik, and Richard are definitely some of the names to look out for.
Read the original story via Revolt.