Eddie Steeples is an actor known for his roles as the “Rubberband Man” in an advertising campaign for OfficeMax, and as Darnell “Crabman” Turner on the NBC sitcom, My Name Is Earl.
Read on to find out more about actor Eddie Steeples:
1. Steeples was born and raised in Spring, Texas, the oldest of nine children.
2. Moved to Santa Cruz, California, after graduating Klein Oak High School in 1992, where he took acting classes at a community college.
3. Studied with the St. Louis Black Repertory Theatre and briefly at Howard University, eventually settling in New York City.
4. Joined the experimental film group Mo-Freek, and a hip hop group, No Surrender. Among the Mo-Freek productions, he has starred in are Lost in the Bush, Caravan Summer, and People Are Dead.
5. Starred in the short film Whoa and appeared as a guest on The Chris Rock Show.
6. Became nationally known when he was cast as the “Rubberband Man” in a series of commercials for OfficeMax.
7. Played the role of Darnell Turner on the NBC comedy series My Name Is Earl, which premiered on September 20, 2005 and ran for four seasons. On the show was known as Darnell Turner (witness protection name) aka Harry Monroe (real name) a.k.a. “Crab Man.”
8. Wrote, produced, and stars in the indie The Best of Robbers in 2006.