Teyonah Parris is a talented actress who began her career playing a recurring role as Dawn Chambers in the acclaimed AMC drama series, Mad Men. She is recognized for playing the first major African-American character on Mad Men.
Here are some quick facts to know about the talented actress:
1. Teyonah Parris was born and raised in Hopkins, South Carolina. Very little has been revealed about her and her private life.
2. She attended the South Carolina Governor’s School for the Arts and Humanities South Carolina and later graduated from the Juilliard School.
3. Parris made her television debut in 2010, with a guest starring role on The Good Wife. She was also cast in a recurring role as Dawn Chambers in the AMC drama series, Mad Men, in 2012.
4. She had her breakthrough role in the independent film, Dear White People. Later that year, Parris began starring in the Starz comedy series, Survivor’s Remorse.
5. In 2015, she played R&B/Jazz singer Miki Howard in the biopic, The Miki Howard Story.
6. Parris was cast as a lead character in Buffalo Soldier Girl. The period drama film is about a woman who, disguised as a man, enlisted and fought with the African American Post Civil War era as a Buffalo Soldier.