Ataui Deng ia an American Sudanese born fashion model. She walked the catwalk for renowned names such as Zac Posen, Lacoste, Christian Dior and John Galliano. In 2010 she closed the s/s 11 Lanvin show in Paris, alongside Ajak Deng, Jeneil Williams, Melodie Monrose, and Jourdan Dunn.
Read on to learn more about Deng:
1. Atauri was born in Khartoum, Sudan on November 3, 1991. She escaped the Second Sudanese Civil War with her parents and immigrated to San Antonio, Texas.
2. She’s a niece of Sudanese-British fashion model Alek Wek. Together with her family she moved to the United States (San Antonio, Texas) in 2004.
3. Her modelling career started in 2008 when she signed a contract with Trump Model in New York.
4. She also appeared in magazines such as Teen Vogue, V Magazine, and appeared on the cover of French Revue de Mode. Furthermore she was shot for campaigns by fashion brands Kenzo and Benetton, among others.
5. At age eighteen she became well known for having fallen on the runway for Z Spoke by Zac Posen.
6. She’s currently signed with Trump Models in New York, and with Elite Models in Paris and Milan.
7. She was reported missing on 8 August 2014. On August 18, 2014, she was found in a New York hospital after being reported missing for 10 days.