Nicole Richie is best-known for her appearace in the TV show The Simple Life, appearing with her childhood bestfriend Paris Hilton. Richie is also the adopted daughter of Lionel Richie.
Read these other cool facts about Richie:
1. Born Nicole Camille Escovedo in Berkeley, California, on September 21, 1981.
2. At age three, for financial reasons, moved in with her father’s band mate, Lionel Richie, and his wife.
3. Biological mother was a backstage assistant for singer and musician Lionel Richie. Her biological father is often cited as Peter Michael Escovedo, a member of Lionel Richie’s band and brother to pop percussionist Sheila E.
4. Attended the prestigious Buckley School in Sherman Oaks, California, where she met Paris Hilton.
5. Enrolled at the University of Arizona in Tucson, where she studied arts and media. Dropped out after two years and returned to Los Angeles.
6. Made her acting debut as a cheerleader in the movie Kids in America in 2005.
7. Wrote a semi-autobiographical novel, The Truth About Diamonds in 2005.
8. Launched her own jewelry line, House of Harlow 1960. Her retro styled pieces has been well received and worn by the likes of Madonna and Ashlee Simpson.
9. Married guitarist Joel Madden of the band Good Charlotte in 2006. The couple have two children.