Chris” Webber III is an American retired professional basketball player. He is a five-time NBA All-Star, a five-time All-NBA Team member, a former NBA Rookie of the Year, and a former number one overall NBA draftee.
Read on to find out more facts about Webber:
Read on to find out more facts about Chris Webber:
1. Born Mayce Edward Christopher “Chris” Webber III March 1, 1973 in Detroit, Michigan.
2. As a senior in high school Webber averaged 29.4 points and 13 rebounds per game. He was named Michigan’s Mr. Basketball and the 1990–1991 National High School player of the year. He was named MVP in both the McDonald’s and Dapper Dan All-Star
3. As a collegiate athlete, he was a first-team All-American and led the Michigan Wolverines’ 1991 incoming freshman class known as the Fab Five that reached the 1992 and 1993 NCAA Men’s Division I Basketball Championship games as freshmen and sophomores.
4. Indicted by a federal grand jury and stripped of his All-American honors by the NCAA as a result of his direct involvement in the Ed Martin scandal.
5. A former National High School Basketball Player of the Year who led his high school Detroit Country Day to three Michigan State High School Basketball Championships.
6. Webber was selected by the Orlando Magic with the first pick of the 1993 NBA draft, becoming the first sophomore since Magic Johnson to be a #1 overall draft pick. The Magic immediately traded him to the Golden State Warriors in exchange for Penny Hardaway and three future first round draft picks.
7. Over his 15-year NBA career, Webber made over $176 million.