For fans who stay tuned to the OWN drama series, If Loving You is Wrong, you recognize the fact of Edwina Findley. Findley plays the role of Kelly. However, she is also known for several other recurring roles in the HBO television dramas, The Wire and Treme. Here are a few other interesting facts about actress Edwina Findley.
1. Findley was born in Washington, D.C.. She attended New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts in New York.
2. In 2003, she made her television debut in the recurring role of the critically acclaimed HBO drama series, The Wire.
3. Findley has guest-starred on Law & Order, Law & Order: Trial by Jury, Conviction, New Amsterdam, and had a recurring role in the ABC daytime soap opera, One Life to Live, in 2005.
4. She used to be a roommate of Viola Davis.
5. Findley had a recurring role of Davina Lambreaux in the HBO drama series, Treme, from 2010 to 2013.
6. She co-starred opposite Emayatzy Corinealdi and Lorraine Toussaint in the 2012 critically acclaimed independent film, Middle of Nowhere, written and directed by Ava DuVernay.
7. In 2015, Findley played the lead in the independent film, Free in Deed, and the wife of Kevin Hart’s character in Get Hard. That same year, she was cast for the role of Kelly in OWN’s If Loving You is Wrong.
8. In 2016, she was cast in the Fox event series, Shots Fired, starring Sanaa Lathan and created by Gina Prince-Bythewood.
9. She married Kelvin Dickerson in 2012.