Berlinda Tolbert is a film and television actress best known for her potrayal of Jenny Willis, Lionel Jefferson’s girlfriend, on the long running comedy, “The Jeffersons,” which originally aired from 1975 until 1985.
Read on to learn more about Tolbert:
1. Tolbert was born in Charlotte, North Carolina on November 4, 1949. Tolbert was born just one day after Mike Evans (1949–2006), the original actor who played her boyfriend/husband Lionel. They were also both born in North Carolina.
2. She majored in theater at the North Carolina School of the Arts in Winston-Salem. She also studied drama in London.
3. Tolbert can also be seen in films such as “Patriot Games”, “Goodfellas” and “Harlem Nights.”
4. She has also acted in several other television series including “Fantasy Island,” “Sanford and Son,” “Home Improvement,” “Six Feet Under” and “CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.”
5. On The Jeffersons, Tolbert played Jenny, the daughter of interracial couple Tom and Helen Willis, friends of George and Louise Jefferson.
6. Tolbert competed for the CBS team on Battle of the Network Stars in 1981.
7. In 1983, Tolbert starred in the Maya Angelou play On A Southern Journey.
8. As of December 2016, Tolbert, Marla Gibbs, Jay Hammer and Damon Evans (Lionel #2) are the last surviving members of The Jeffersons main cast.
9. Tolbert married journalist Bob Reid in 1979.